Railside Course Details – Gibson City Golf
Railside Golf Club is a public golf facility located in the heart of Central Illinois between Champaign-Urbana and Bloomington-Normal. The facility includes a Championship 18-Hole layout with bent grass fairways, tees, and greens; 60 Club Car fleet with FREE GPS on each cart; extensive practice facilities with three practice greens and a 25-station bent grass driving range; and a beautiful clubhouse including pro shop, restaurant, lounge, and a 150-seat banquet facility.
Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Shirts must be worn at all times. Metal-spiked golf shoes and athletic type cleat shoes are not allowed. Women do not have to have a collared shirt, but may not wear halter tops. No cutoff shirts are permitted.
Golf carts may not be rented or operated by anyone under the age of 16 (must have valid driver’s license). Violators of this rule may be asked to leave the course without refunds. Golf carts are issued according to tee times on a first-off, first-served basis. Only two riders and two sets of clubs are allowed per golf cart. Privately-owned golf carts are not allowed. Golf carts are not to leave the golf course perimeter at any time.
No one under the age of nine will be allowed on the course at any time (except during designated family or youth programs when supervised and accompanied by an adult).
Rain checks will be issued only when management deems it necessary to suspend play. Rain checks are prorated based on number of holes played.
Pace of Play
It is the goal of all players to complete their 18-hole round in four hours or less. This is an adequate amount of time, provided all players remain aware of their responsibility to play without delay. Each group should keep pace with the group ahead. If your group falls one complete hole behind the group ahead, you are required to allow the following group to play through. It is the responsibility of your group to be observant of its position on the course and to keep pace. It is also the responsibility of all groups to advise management if their pace of play is adversely affected. The management has the authority to keep play moving at the proper pace for all players’ enjoyment. Players unwilling to keep pace may be removed from the course.
- Any damage to the golf course property or golf carts will be paid for by the responsible party.
- All players must be registered in the pro shop before teeing off. Play must begin on hole #1 unless permission from Pro Shop is granted.
- Each player must have a set of clubs.
- No sixsomes are allowed, fivesomes are at the discretion of the Pro.
- All divots and ball marks must be repaired.
- Practice is not permitted on the course. Please use the driving range, putting greens only.
- No outside coolers or beverages are allowed on the golf course. Bottles of water are permitted. Those failing to adhere to this policy will be asked to leave without refund.
- Players stopping at the turn for more than ten minutes may relinquish their position on the course and must request permission from the management to restart.
2016 Golf Course and Shop Hours of Operation
March 1 – April 1
Open at 9 a.m. – dusk
April 2 – May 1
8:00 a.m. to dusk – Weekdays
7:30 a.m. to dusk – Saturday & Sunday
May 2 – May 22
7:00 a.m. to dusk – Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. to dusk – Saturday & Sunday
May 23 – Sept. 2
6:30 a.m. – dusk Monday – Friday
6:30 a.m. – dusk Saturday & Sunday
Sept. 3 – Sept. 30
7:30 a.m. – dusk Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – dusk Saturday & Sunday
Oct 1 – Oct. 28
8:00 a.m. – dusk weekdays & weekends
Oct. 29 – Nov. 21
9:00 a.m. – dusk weekdays & weekends
Driving Range Hours Weather Permitting
Everyday on hours posted above except
WEDNESDAY CLOSED AT 6:00 PM REOPENS AT 10:30 AM THURSDAYS FOR MOWING
Last Range Basket sold 1/2 hour before sunset
Last cart rented 1 3/4 hours before sunset